Friday, June 17, 2011

What I've Been Up To

It's been a while.  I've been baking. I promise! 


Here's some of the projects I've been up to.  Love, love, love how these turned out.

Safari Theme Baby Shower Cake and Cupcakes


These were for a baby boy shower with a safari animal theme a couple weekends ago.  I had way too much fun with this one and fun at the shower as well!  I think I ate enough tasty food there that I shouldn't have had to eat for another 3 days after.  Yes, that is a soaking wet patio you see in the background.  The first weekend in June.  Really.  In sunny California. 

The cake (and cupcakes) were chocolate and vanilla marble cake with cream cheese frosting and vanilla/chocolate buttercream fondant.

I also did cookie favors to match.  Elephants, Giraffes and Rhinoceros silhouettes.  Love the way the raffia looks tied around the bags at the top.  So glad the hostess requested the raffia.  I think it gives the packaging a whole different (better) look than my usual ribbon tied at the top.  Especially with the shower theme. 

Butter cookies covered in fondant.  Some with royal icing zebra stripes.


Check out the adorable diaper cake made by the hostess.  I don't think I've ever seen one cute as this one.  The hostess also requested four cookies to match the baby's name on the diaper cake.  I wish I'd gotten a better picture of them but, did I mention the adorable diaper cake already?  Cute right?  :-) 


So stinkin' CUTE!




Congrats New Mommy-to-Be and welcome to the world Baby K!


Cheetah Bowling and Citrus Slices Birthdays

Letter N's and bowling pins with cheetah print bowling ball party favors for one of my very best friend's daughter's 24th birthday.

This was my first try at cheetah print on cookies with royal icing.  Natasha loves cheetah print.  Loves it.  Three years ago, when I first began cookie and cake decorating, I made the birthday girl's 21st birthday cake.  That too was hot pink and had cheetah spots.  The cookies are my favorite and were the easiest to make (probably due more to experience than anything) of the cake and cookies but had I known then what I know now, who knows if I'd still like them more.


I also made a batch of Brownie Pops and a personal box of cookie favors for the birthday girl.  The ribbon bow around the front of the Brownie Pop box is also a headband.  I finally found a use (with the help of the book and magazine section at JoAnn) for all that extra ribbon I have stashed away and leftover from various craft projects.  Hopefully I'll have some super cute new hair accessories to share with you soon.




Citrus Slices Cookies and Brownie Pops for another Bestie's Mom's birthday. 


Another headband.  :-)

Love these little boxes with the citrus slices on them that I found at Target's Dollar Spot.  When I saw them, aside from them instantly inspiring a cookie design, I knew they'd make perfect cookie holders!  I'm not sure of the dimensions but they just seem like they would hold just the right amount of any type of goodies don't they?



These cookies were made using my usual sugar cookie recipe.  Next time, I would definitely add some type of citrus zest and flavoring to the dough. 

Happy Birthday Natasha and Mom L!  I hope you enjoyed your goodies.


More posts of all the fun I've been having are on the way!

2 comments:

  1. Oh those cheetah pops and zebra cake...love them! Your treats are just beautiful!
    www.craftingrebellion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crafting Rebellion! Love your blog and glad I found it! I was so excited over your dress party favor boxes yesterday that I immediately went out to three local Dollar Tree stores to find some, "just because"!!!!!! No luck for me. None of them had them. Not giving up though! Cant wait for you next post.

      Delete