Friday, February 25, 2011

Candy Land Cuppies




So I faked.  That chilled dough from last week, I baked, iced, and decorated the cookies.  No pictures.  Those Martha Stewart Living Chewy Chocolate Chunk-Cherry cookies, they were baked and tasted so good (especially the next day) but, no pictures.  I guess I kinda did myself a small favor.  I'm currently working on getting all my baking photos from 2008 until now into one place.  Pictures from last week's goodies would have just been more to add to the task but I do kinda wish I'd taken at least one.

Anyway, as I was going through pictures to organize, I came across these of the crazy Candy Land cupcake project I worked on for no apparent reason.  I can't even remember what inspired the idea but it was a lot of fun.  This one I was able to take my time with since I was doing it just for fun.  No deadline or delivery date to meet.  I think it took a full week of my spare time after work and on the weekends to work out and let all the fondant/gum paste decorations dry before putting them on the cupcakes.  So many colors and different pieces to recreate.  Enjoy!  I did!


I love how all the colors looked once these were together. 








Don't know what happened with all the cracking in the icing.




Of all the pieces I made for this set, my favorites were the chocolate and peanut pieces, and they were fairly easy to make too! 

I'm so glad for the workweek to be over and ready to start the weekend.  I have some baking and decorating planned (after a few Saturday errands) and can't wait!  I want to make a set for a first birthday girl and am trying to think of something cute and creative.  I've been on the sweets kick lately so it will likely be something along those lines.  Excited about what I might be able to come up with though.  I'll be back with photos (as long as I don't forget again :-)).

Try to stay warm.  I plan to right next to my oven. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I haven't been on here in a while. Love the Candyland designs.

    ReplyDelete