Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Didn't Bake

I didn't bake anything this week.  :-(  I guess I took a break that I didn't know I apparently needed.  Really, really, needed.  It felt so strange getting to bed before 10:00 p.m. just about every night.  My body wasn't complaining (much) in the mornings though.  I have to admit, the rest was GOOD. 

So since I had an EASY week and didn't bake anything, here's an EASY post of EASY treats I threw together back in November for my 7 year-old to take to school on his birthday.

I'm kinda wising I had one of these guys right now but with nuts instead of the sprinkles.


Yum!

Brownie Mix (Yep, the boxed stuff.  I told you we were doin' EASY.), Wilton Light Cocoa Candy melts, and sprinkles.  That's it!  Well, plus the eggs, oil, and water for the brownies but that's EASY still.  Right?! 

After I baked the brownies in a sheet pan, I cut them with a square shaped cookie cutter, dunked the bottoms in candy then drizzled more candy on top and topped that with the sprinkles. 

I remember there was some complaint from my son.  I think he didn't want the bottoms coated in candy or something but, he didn't bring any of the extra back home from school so there must not have been many complaints from his peers.
 

Target had the cutest Eric Carle, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, party supplies that I thought would be perfect for a birthday celebration at school.  I didn't know how the idea would go over with my kid though.  He was actually okay with it.  I just knew thoughts of Pokemon, Mario, Bakugan, or WWE Wrestling were going to take over at some point and he'd change his mind sending me back to the store but he actually stuck with this The Very Hungry Caterpillar thing.  Sweet!  EASY!   


So, I think I'll keep up the "EASY" and finish the week out at home relaxin' today.  Technically though, the week isn't over until tonight and I do have sugar cookie dough chilling in the fridge as I post, so I may do some baking after all.  The February Martha Stewart Living magazine also has a yummy looking Chewy Chocolate Chunk-Cherry cookie recipe that I really, really need to try.  I learned about a year or two ago that I LOVE chocolate covered cherries (The dried fruit, Harry and David kind.  Not those ones with the liquid centers.) so I can only imagine how good those cookies might be.  The recipe's been hanging on my fridge all week calling my name and begging to be baked.  I think I've talked myself into answering just that fast.  I may be back later with a post of how they came out.

Oh yeah, before you go, check out the "not so EASY" version of The Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday treats by Nicole C. at this blog.  My goodness, I want to be able to do that some day!    

Happy EASY Weekend folks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment